Few posts ago, I had promised to share more plant-based recipes on the page. But most days, I am just too tired to click photos after cooking. I also realised that when I explain a recipe to someone, I don’t know how to give definite measurements! It’s mostly ‘a little bit’ and ‘a lot of that’. Anyway, I am posting this because it’s an uncomplicated recipe. With the measurements, follow your instinct like me 👩🍳
1. Mix (a little) olive oil, dried red chillies, garlic paste, black pepper, oregano, thyme and salt into a paste.
2. Slice the eggplant/aubergine (are they the same thing? 🍆) and brush the above paste on each slice.
3. In a pre heated oven (400F/200C), roast the sliced eggplant for 25 mins.
4. While the eggplant is in the oven, chop spinach and mix it in a salad bowl with (whatever amount you like) tahini sauce, olive oil, lemon and salt.
5. Add the roasted eggplants to the salad and your dish is ready ♥️
1. Soak chickpeas in water over night and cook them the next day.
2. Blend the cooked chickpeas (I used around 300g) along with 3-4tbsp tahini sauce, 1 garlic clove (optional), lemon juice and salt. I also added a little of the leftover water from when I cooked the chickpeas. Blend till you get the required consistency.
3. Transfer it to a bowl. Create a little well in the centre and pour in a little olive oil.